Senior Backend Developer job responsibilities
1. Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
2. Should be able to decode business rules into functional scope and technical needs
3. Design server-side architecture that can scale to millions of end users.
4. Write and review technical documentation.
5. Follow software development lifecycle for test driven development(TDD)
6. Diagnose, fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
7. Implement security policies and processes to secure the application
8. Monitor & optimize application performance
9. Ability to quickly adapt and migrate code to most current technologies.
1. 3+ years of proven experience working as a Backend Developer
3. Hands-on experience with databases (e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
4. Strong knowledge creating APIs. Knowledge using web sockets.
5. Experience in creating REST API documentation using Open API or similar tools.
6. Experience developing and creating architectures taking advantage of cloud services and
7. Experience in working with message brokers and queues to manage high traffic
8. Hands on experience on cloud services (AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean), git and CI/CD tools.
9. Excellent communication and teamwork skills
10. An analytical mind with good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
11. Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field or relevant experience