We are looking for a software engineer with 4+ years of experience building complex software in a startup or product environment.
We want a techie at heart who is happy and curious to work on all aspects of software development. Someone who is seriously committed to their craft & profession. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be responsible for feature development, production support and continuously optimizing our tech stack. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring & managing junior developers.
We are a SaaS business operating out of Goa and California serving customers all over the world. We build ecommerce software to help online stores automate their workflow and grow their sales. We are looking for people with the right skills and attitude as we expand our business.
What we do:
StoreBuilder helps customers manage their inventory across thousands of products in their online store. StoreBuilder’s software helps hundreds of customers on Shopify get a handle on their inventory so they can plan ahead effectively. We are a successful and profitable SaaS business operating since 2013.
Who we are:
We are a team of 6 based in Goa & California. One of the co-founders is a Masters in Computer Science from the U.S with 20 years of industry & startup experience. The other co-founder is a PhD in Computer Science from the U.S with 20 years of industry & Silicon Valley experience. We are now building the next generation of inventory planning software and are looking to build out our team.
- Our backend tech stack is Groovy on Grails which is a developer-friendly version of Java & Spring. If you are strong in the Java world, we highly recommend that you apply.
- 4+ years of deep understanding of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language (Groovy or Java)
- 4+ years of Strong experience with Grails or Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies, with attention to code quality
- Git or similar
- Practical experience of the full SDLC
- Anticipate how code will perform under production conditions
- Experience working in a complex team environment. Able to deliver under pressure
- A related technical degree required
- 4+ years of Strong experience with SQL Databases (MySQL)
- Demonstrated experience in Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with MicroServices and integrating with external APIs
It is a Plus if you have the below:
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS)
- Experience with Docker, Jenkins and Terraform
- Good knowledge with network technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS or load balancer
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Ubuntu)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hands-on coding as an individual contributor.
- Get involved across the stack : backend, API integration, database optimization , microservices, plugins, queues, deployments, servers etc
- Implement product features defined by Product team
- Fix bugs and write automated tests
- Maintain and upgrade our Tech Stack
- Migrate key components to newer technologies safely
- Monitor Production System health
Production Support outside of office hours & weekends – on a rotation basis with other tech team members.
Mentor junior developers on best practices and code reviews.
- Work from Home – Our team is fully remote. We have daily standups and expect 3 hours of night-time work when all team members are online. Otherwise you work during the time most productive to you. We meet in person at regular intervals to ensure camaraderie.
- Early Employee benefit : Work directly with the Founders
- Reimbursement for continuous learning resources.
- Work on an exciting and high-growth domain – Ecommerce
- If you are shortlisted, we will schedule a 30-minute Non-Technical interview to discuss any deal-breakers, salary expectations, notice period etc.
- If we are a good match for each other, we will move on to a 1-hour Technical interview.
- For the final round, there will be a take-home technical challenge that you can complete in 1-2 weeks on your own schedule.
- The last step will be salary negotiation based on your interview performance and experience.
Please apply if :
- You write clean code and tests.
- You understand the impact of your code on production server and database performance.
- You have actual work experience in advanced concepts like parallel processing, database transactions, performance tuning etc.
- You have empathy for end-users while writing code
- You love learning new technology and don’t hesitate to take ownership of any part of the tech stack – from server to UI to database to APIs.
- You are an expert in fixing bugs both in software and the runtime infrastructure.
- You automate everything you can
- Honest & Reliable – deliver on your promises
- Good English Communication skills
- Positive Attitude
- Figures out a way instead of giving up quickly
- Methodical approach to solving problems
- Excited to learn new technologies & grow as a technical person
- Works Independently but also works well with the Team
- Takes initiative instead of waiting for instructions
We are a SaaS business operating out of Goa and California serving customers all over the world. We build e-commerce software to help online stores automate their workflow and grow their sales. We are looking for people with the right skills and attitude as we expand our business.