This role is responsible for leading quality review of various applications and includes creating test strategies and plans, test cases in partnership with developers, business analysts and project managers. This person will work with the team to analyze and test software. The focus of this position is to verify quality and check conformance to system requirements. The role relies upon test automation and manual testing tools.
- Responsible for test planning, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, exploratory and manual testing, defect logging and verification
- Creates test strategy based on project requirements
- Performs manual, automation and performance tests
- Performs testing of clients’ implementations
- Works with various team members in resolving bugs and issues identified during testing
- Oversees implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests
- Reviews and re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules
- Assists management in setting the direction for quality assurance within the organization
- Assists in coaching junior staff, by helping them to make decisions, solve problems, manage meetings and set goals, provides feedback on testing-related tasks, delegates and assigns testing responsibilities.
- Documents issues and ensures testing documentation complies with software development standards.
- Maintains testing documents to ensure the document is up to date
- Ensures that the testing time fits the timelines of the project
- Experience testing various applications, services and user interfaces by preparing test strategies, test cases and test scripts and other documentation in both, automated and manual testing for functional, system, integration and regression testing
- Experience in performance testing, compatibility testing on latest versions of all browsers
- Experience in executing SQL queries manually for back-end / migration testing with large databases in all environments
- Experience working with Selenium IDE, Test-Complete, QTP, Performance and Web Service testing tool – JMeter, Soap UI and any other tool etc
- Understanding MS Test, NUnit, Junit, TestNG, Karma, Protractor, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha, PHPUnit or any other Unit testing framework
- Basics of shell programming, PowerShell, Batch commands. Knowledge of NAnt and Ant tool
- Understanding of?test-driven development
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
- Understanding of agile and waterfall processes
- Knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Familiarity with various defect management systems
- Ability to communicate technical aspects to people with non-IT background
- Ability to act as a liaison between QA and development teams
- Ability to ensure that solutions developed by technical teams fit the business needs
- Ability to offer alternative approaches to achieve the client goals
- Ability to analyze complex situations and manage all variables to achieve optimal solutions
- Ability to act on the information provided or get information needed so that decisions for project implementations can be made quickly and effectively
- Ability to be a leader by example
- Ability to define and prioritize short-term and long-term objectives for the teams and make necessary corrections under changing circumstances
Education and Work Experience:
The candidate should have over 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.
About Creative Capsule Infotech
Creative Capsule is a software consulting firm established in the United States in 2003 with subsidiaries in Switzerland and India. With our team of 200+ full-time employees, we provide a blended model of local and off-shore resources.
We partner with high-growth SaaS startups and small to mid-size software product companies for long-term outcomes in scaling and maintaining their technology suites. We have proven expertise in building financial services software, SaaS products (for AgTech, FinTech, healthcare, sharing economy), and life sciences solutions (for pharma, animal health, medical devices).