This is a Full Stack Developer position so we want a techie at heart. If you are not sure who a Full Stack Developer is, please stop and read the basic requirements before applying.
As an early employee reporting directly to the CTO, you will be responsible for feature development, production support and continuously optimising our tech stack.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with atleast 3-5 years of experience in a startup or product environment. Ideally you have been involved in all aspects of software development from requirements gathering to design, development, deployment and post-release maintenance. We are looking for all-round technical maturity.
- You write clean code and tests.
- You understand the impact of your code on production server and database performance.
- You have actual work experience in advanced concepts like parallel processing, database transactions, performance tuning, protocols & architecture of the web etc.
- You have empathy for end-users and strive to create friendly UI.
- You love learning new technology and don’t hesitate to take ownership of any part of the tech stack – from server to UI to database to APIs.
- You are an expert in fixing bugs both in software and the runtime infrastructure.
- You automate everything you can
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build out features across the stack : UI, backend, API integration, database optimization , microservices, plugins, queues etc
- Production Support outside of office hours
- Fix bugs and write automated tests
- Maintain and upgrade our Tech Stack
- Migrate key components to newer technologies safely
- Monitor Production System health
- Java or Groovy
- Grails or SpringBoot
- Experience with UI frameworks like : AngularJS/React/Wicket
- Experience integrating with external APIs
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts
- Understands how code will perform under production conditions
- Honest & Reliable – deliver on your promises
- Communicates clearly & confidently
- Positive Attitude
- Methodical approach to solving problems
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Works Independently
- Takes initiative instead of waiting for instructions
- Early Employee benefit : Work directly with the Founders
- Macbook Air for coding
- Work on an exciting and high-growth domain – Ecommerce
Note on COVID impact:
Due to the ongoing COVID crisis, you will be working remotely and not from an office space. But there will be regular video check-ins and when possible in-person meets as well. When this crisis passes, we will resume working from a co-working space in Panjim.
- Send us your resume with a link to your publicly accessible GitHub profile showcasing your coding projects. Applications without a GitHub link will be ignored.
- If you are shortlisted, we will schedule a 30-minute phone call to discuss your resume and answer any questions you have for us. (Non-Technical – to assess if we are a good match for each other). We will also discuss any deal-breakers before moving on to the technical round
- If we meet each others expectations, we will move on to a coding interview. (Technical)
- The final step will be a call with the Co-Founders for the final decision. The highest range of salary posted above is for the candidate who meets all our requirements in this job posting and aces the interviews.
We are a SAAS business operating out of Goa and California serving customers all over the world. We build ecommerce software to help online stores automate their workflow and grow their sales. We are looking for people with the right skills and attitude as we expand our business.