Participate in customizing and implementing OneShield Insurance Software suite of products with a focus on design, best-practices, process-compliance, and technology. Analyze requirements, design and implement subsystems in compliance with the best practices and standards laid down by OneShield, as well as those followed by the software industry.
- Analyze business requirements.
- Prepare design documents.
- Develop and enhance applications using OneShield Designer Tool and PL/SQL.
- Unit Test development, defects and Change Requests.
- Testing in Development/Integration regions.
- Status report to peers, managers, and Clients.
- Follow defined processes and procedures.
- Adapt/Learn/Use any other technologies as required.
Desired Technical Skills
Must have skills
- Good analytical and coding skills using SQL and PL/SQL programs.
- Writing and troubleshooting queries and procedures.
- Minimum knowledge of improving performance and tuning SQL queries.
- Hands-on experience using editors such as Oracle SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer, etc.
- Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Normalization and Data Integrity and OOPs.
Good to have skills
- Experience in writing and troubleshooting reporting/aggregation queries.
- Experience in building canned reports using Jasper, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and OLAP reporting tools such as Pentaho, MicroStrategy, Oracle BI, etc.
Desired Business Skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Good documentation skills.
- A full-time Bachelors’/Masters’ Degree from a recognized university.
- Oracle’s OCA/OCP certification will be a plus.
- 3+ years in enterprise application development.
- Configuration with platforms such as PEGA, SalesForce, or SAP, etc. will be a plus.
- Insurance or Financial Services Billing experience will be a plus.
- Implementation of ERP solutions in any industry will be a plus.
- Agile/Scrum development.
- Data warehouse project or BI solution will be a plus.
- Experience with OneShield Software products will be a plus.
- Experience or basic understanding of insurance business and business automation process.
- Willingness to work on tool based development is a pre-requisite for this position.
- Successful completion of OneShield Designer training is a pre-requisite for confirmation of employment.
About OneShield Software
OneShield Software delivers core business software solutions to the global insurance and broader financial services industry, deployed in the cloud or on-premise. Our portfolio of standalone, subscription and cloud-based software products includes enterprise-class policy management, billing, claims, rating, product configuration, business intelligence, and analytics solutions that leverage a tool-based open architecture and single data model platform to streamline your business. OneShield Software automates and simplifies the complexities of core systems with targeted solutions, seamless upgrades, collaborative implementations, and lower total cost of ownership.
With corporate headquarters in Marlborough, MA and offices in India, Canada, and Australia, OneShield, Inc. has over 50 products in production across the P&C, life, and health insurance markets.
To learn more, visit www.OneShield.com.