Participate in the development of OneShield Insurance Automation system with a focus on design, best-practices, process-compliance and technology. Analyze requirements, design and implement subsystems in compliance with the best practices and standards laid down by OneShield, as well as those followed by the software industry.
- Prepare Technical and Design documents.
- Code/Configure while strictly following the guidelines and best practices.
- Unit Test CRs/Issues/ITSRs/ARs.
- Peer Review requirements and design artifacts, as well as code and configuration.
- Integration test in Development /Integration regions.
- Communicate with managers and peers on assigned work.
- Follow defined processes and procedures.
- Adapt/Learn/Use any other technologies as required.
Desired Technical Skills
The candidate will have some or all the following skills:
- Object Oriented Programming.
- Core Java and Advanced Java.
- JSP, Servlets, Web Services.
- Struts 2.x, Spring, hibernate, MyBatis (added advantage).
- Awareness of Horizontal scalabile systems is also a plus.
- AJAX, UML, XML, XPATH, XSLT, EXT JS.
- Familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Exposure to at least one of the Application/Web Servers like JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat etc.
- Exposure to build tools such as Ant, Maven or Gradle.
Computer Science Fundamentals
- Database Concepts, writing and debugging SQL.
- Good understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms, Database Normalization and Data Integrity and OOPs.
- PL/SQL programming knowledge (added Advantage).
- Awareness of NoSql will be a plus.
Desired Business Skills
- Good written and oral communication in English.
- Good documentation skills.
- Exposure to ISO/CMM processes & procedures.
- Prior experience or basic understanding of Insurance business and Business Automation Process is required.
- A full time Bachelors’/Masters’ Degree from a recognized university.
- SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD and OCP certification will be a plus.
- 3+ years in a business application development role experience in Java related technologies.
- Experience in implementing ERP solutions in any industry will be a plus.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development.
- Tier 1 college is preferred.
- Product Company background.
- Startup experience is also a plus
- Proven experience as a full stack developer is an advantage.
- Experience with OneShield’s Software products will be a plus.
- Candidates are encouraged to mention their open source contribution i.e. Github or other external repository links and other relevant information to show case their prior work on their resumes.
About OneShield Software
OneShield Software delivers core business software solutions to the global insurance and broader financial services industry, deployed in the cloud or on-premise. Our portfolio of standalone, subscription and cloud-based software products includes enterprise-class policy management, billing, claims, rating, product configuration, business intelligence, and analytics solutions that leverage a tool-based open architecture and single data model platform to streamline your business. OneShield Software automates and simplifies the complexities of core systems with targeted solutions, seamless upgrades, collaborative implementations, and lower total cost of ownership.
With corporate headquarters in Marlborough, MA and offices in India, Canada, and Australia, OneShield, Inc. has over 50 products in production across the P&C, life, and health insurance markets.
To learn more, visit www.OneShield.com.