The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, engineering, installing, configuring, managing, troubleshooting and repairing enterprise infrastructure. Responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased efficiency, quality, and effectiveness. Will provide in-depth analysis and execution plans to drive improvements in both technology and process including: Active Directory (multi-domain structure and GPO management); Trap/Alert Management; Automated incident recovery and self-healing; systems management and patch automation; build/delivery automation. Occasionally will provide incident and problem resolution for complex issues and participate in disaster recovery exercises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, design, implement and support technology solutions for the enterprise
- Prepare scopes of work as needed
- Develop detailed solution design documents
- Provide ongoing support of new and existing systems and products
- Respond to after-hour requests for client or systems support
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and keep current on technology products
- Performs project coordination, either as the project team leader or member
- Deploys patches, software updates, and anti-virus/anti-malware updates to enterprise systems
- Maintain and support enterprise applications including SCCM, VMware, SharePoint, Office 365, and Azure AD
- Maintains the Windows servers
- Maintain Active Directory
- Maintain systems and network monitoring
- Implement and maintain network security
- Maintain storage infrastructure, network infrastructure
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Provide backup support to other team members
- Follow all quality, safety, and company guidelines to ensure a safe and productive work environment, and actively live the company values.
Fast-paced business environment with minimal noise levels. Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required to complete projects and/or respond to network outages.
Special Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of the job, dexterity in using a telephone, computer keyboard and mouse while seated at a desk is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Occasional travel to designated Intelliteach offices. Infrequent travel to attend employee development seminars outside the office.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mgmt. Information Systems or related field, or combined equivalent of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience providing system support, engineering and/or administrative functions focused on Microsoft Windows Server, Terminal Services, Active Directory
- Experience in supporting a HA VMware environment
- Experience in demonstrated advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting abilities
- Flexible to facilitate an on-call rotation schedule for incident response and maintenance activities
- Working knowledge of server monitoring and management tools
- Expert level capabilities in two of the following server monitoring and management tools: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, MS – SCCM
- Experience in supporting a Pure Storage SANDemonstrated ability to work in a complex networking and information systems environment
- Basic PC Skills
- Word Processing
- Internet/Web Browser
- VMware VCP certification
- Microsoft Server certification
- Experience working in large data center deployments
- In depth PowerShell scripting experience
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO JOB
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and with attention to detail in a high-volume environment.
- Must be punctual and have good, consistent attendance. Must also be available for after-hours support coverage when required.
- Should demonstrate good listening skills and the ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Must use good judgement and be courteous and tactful in communications with others.
- Must be a team player and willing to offer assistance to others where and when needed.
- Experience working with VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Sharepoint
Experience with no fewer than 100 servers and 500+ desktops
Working hours – US shifts (6:30pm – 3:30am)
About Intelliteach Offshore Pvt Ltd
We are a dynamic team, looking to hire vibrant individuals who can help us support the 350+ US law firms that we provide back-office services to. These services range from Database administration, Ebilling management, Virtual receptionists, SQL and Software development.