This position is responsible for development and support of Java web-applications with MS-SQL Server. Candidates must be proficient in Java and T-SQL with MS-SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
The person will work collaboratively with peers to develop, enhance and maintain applications such as: client specific websites and Java applications. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Candidate must have proven interpersonal skills. Candidate will support current customer applications as well as develop new apps / modifications to current applications. Significant Java development / GUI development required. Experience with SQL stored procedures is a must. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a web development environment.
- Develop/implement new modules to specifications
- Implement fixes for existing applications per specifications or on direction of senior staff
- Deploy changes/new modules into production environment, or client framework
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions in applications under development and applications in production where you might have to work with someone’s code
- Implement unit test cases for your code and for integration testing
- Keep clear and descriptive code comments; understand project documentation and keep project files (naming convention and structure) well organized. Contribute to technical documentation and deployment guides
- Perform testing and work with QA on ensuring that application meets relevant QA standards by taking ownership to devise a plan for minimizing errors and bugs
- Increase proficiency level in technologies used by the client and investigate and develop skills in new technologies Communicate with client and other teams’ staff on task progress, assess implementation risks and work toward keeping the project within objectives (timeline, budget, quality)
- Increase proficiency level in technologies used by the client and investigate and develop skills in new technologies
The ideal candidate for the position should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience in object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with XML, Web Services and AJAX
- Experience with unit testing e.g. JUnit
- Experience with advanced SQL Queries, stored procedures, optimizations
- Experience in IntelliJ Development environment
- In-depth understanding of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- In-depth understanding of MVC Framework, JQuery
- In-depth understanding of relational database concepts
- In-depth understanding of coding and other software development best practices
- Familiarity with various source control, project management, and other tools
- Strong analytical skills: can read business requirements, analyze issues and proposed solutions to make sure they can be implemented successfully
- Ability to identify alternatives and find an optimal way to implement a solution
- Ability to apply logic in identifying patterns, structures and formats and organizing ideas to validate solutions proposed
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to manage time on several tasks and juggle competing deadlines
Be able to explain technical project details effectively in English verbally and in writing
Education and Work Experience:
- The candidate should have over 3 years of working experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in CS, IT or related scientific discipline is preferred.
About Creative Capsule Infotech
Creative Capsule is a boutique technology consulting firm that helps software-centric businesses transform their technology delivery capacity for over 15 years. We are a trusted technology partner to our clients and provide consistent, cost-effective and measurable results for their investments.
What we do for Software-centric Business
With a deep bench in architecting and scaling sophisticated software solutions, we offer full-service, custom development capabilities to our customers to analyze, optimize and automate their business processes and delivering practical solutions with great user experience.
What we do for Software Product Companies
Creative Capsule helps software product companies extend and enhance their delivery capabilities. Our clients value us for our technical breadth, structured processes, quality, innovation, and commitment to understanding their business.