The IT Security Analyst helps promote a positive security culture for the global organization by protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and assets while assisting the company to successfully meet goals for US clients. This role will analyze, monitor and maintain information processes throughout the enterprise according to policy and risk. This role will contribute to the overall security of environment to ensure information assets are protected. Be a champion to their team and other business units to promote a secure organization through positive knowledge sharing, training, influences, and conduct. Analyze and evaluate adequate security processes and solutions to mitigate or remediate identified risks associated with information and data sufficiently to meet business objectives, contractual and/or regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support security improvements regarding new and current control processes
- Executes risk assessments
- Support all aspects of Information Security including but not limited to risk management, data protection, identity and access governance, incident response, intrusion detection and disaster recovery
- Manage information risks with processes and solution that reduce unauthorized access.
- Research emerging technologies in support of IT security enhancement and development efforts.
- Supports others in performing forensic analysis and risk assessments for the entire infrastructure.
- Independently participate in requirements documentation, business systems configuration and defining/execution of acceptance criteria. Document issues and participate in their resolution.
- Work closely with cross functional teams and across boundary organizations to gather requirements, define solutions, implement new tools and process, and provide ongoing support to these teams.
- Prior experience with vulnerability management
- Prior experience in using ticketing systems
- 3+ years related experience including developing security requirements.
- Experience problem solving techniques/tools.
- Detail-oriented and high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Holding relevant degree/diploma certification.
About Frontline Managed Services
We are a dynamic team, looking to hire vibrant individuals who can help us support the 350+ US law firms that we provide back-office services to. These services range from Database administration, Ebilling management, Virtual receptionists, SQL and Software development.