- This event has passed.
India’s first International Blockchain Congress takes place in Goa on Sunday, 5th August
5 August, 2018
NITI Aayog, in collaboration with Nucleus Vision and the State Governments of Goa and Telengana, is hosting India’s first-ever International Blockchain Congress in Hyderabad and Goa with the aim of uniting renowned speakers and intellectuals to discuss how to make India the next blockchain capital of the world.
Emerging as India’s new startup state and IT ecosystem, Goa will be hosting this edition of the International Blockchain Congress(IBC) in India on August 5th, 2018.
Blockchain in India:
Through these events, IBC aims to achieve a transparent blockchain powered world by providing a platform for innovators, businesses, governments, startups, technologists, and enthusiasts to come together and discuss how the blockchain can be the future of financial services This event will also have global crypto based-exchange firms coming together to discuss the benefits and adoption methods of blockchain and cryptocurrencies with regards to governance.
Prominent Speakers & Guests attending #IBCGoa2018:
This edition of the IBC will give the people an opportunity to listen to the experiences and perspectives of renowned experts and corporate leaders including:
- Rohan Khaunte(IT Minister, Goa)
- Shri Manohar Parrikar ( Chief Minister, Goa)
- Frans Kempen (Blockchain Lead for Logistics & Supply Chain Industry, IBM Netherlands)
- Jason King (Co-Founder of Academy – the world’s first accredited blockchain university)
- Shri Jayesh Ranjan ( Secretary, Information Technology ; Government of Telangana)
- Jeremy Gardner (Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Ausum Ventures)
- Oz Azim Sultan (Chief Strategist of Sultan Interactive Group)
- Joshua Garcia (Principal at Ketsal Consulting) among others.
- Abhishek Pitti (Founder and CEO of Nucleus Vision)
- Rama Rao (Founder of Bloqcube)
- Amit Kanodia (CEO of Host Games)
- Julia Plavnik (Co-Founder of R2C Networks )
Opening the floor to panel discussions and workshops:
The panel discussions will observe a couple of relevant topics, some of which are listed below:
1. Blockchain as a tool for good governance
2. Implementation and adoption of Blockchain in the Indian scenario
3. State of Blockchain Globally
4. Blockchain and Healthcare
5. Blockchain and Gaming
6. Disruption in Retail Industry Through Blockchain
7. Can ICOs be the new IP
8. Security in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Exchanges
9. Advice to startups in blockchain
The Track Agenda:
a) Developer and Startup Track
The conference will host a specific track dedicated to the start-up and tech audience.
Highlights : This will include the tech giant, IBM who will conduct workshops on
- Blockchain and its impact on business
- How to build blockchain networks for transfer purposes.
b) Student Track
The student track will include a series of workshops and panel discussions. Students will receive certificates at the end of the day.
Highlights: This track will also include a product display by Crypto bazaar and two other companies.
c) Government Track
The Government Track will showcase how governments around the world are using blockchain. It will discuss topics such as Blockchain and healthcare, and the potential of blockchain in government and administration.
Highlights: Representatives from NSA, Sri Lanka and Malaysia will also be a part of the conference.
d) Media Track
There will also be sessions tailored to media professionals with topics that throw light on the role of blockchain in Media, and the breaking of blockchain myths.
Highlights: The truth about how the media is portraying blockchain in its stories will be exposed to the viewers.
Be a part of one of India’s biggest technological conferences, and get the massive opportunity to network, learn , see and be heard by experts and influencers in the industry. Make sure you register for this edition of IBC in Goa so you don’t miss out on the chance of being a part of the beginning of a technological revolution in india!
Register: Click here to register
When: 5th August, 2018
Where: INOX Multiplex Courtyard, D.B. Road, Campal, Panaji, Goa
A brief on Blockchain Technology :
Rightfully referred to as the ‘internet of value’, the Blockchain technology has created the backbone of a new type of internet which allows digital information to be distributed but not copied. It was originally devised to register digital currency (cryptocurrency), Bitcoin, but the tech community is now finding other potential uses for the technology across several sectors.
Because the blockchain technology enables smoother financial transactions and improves overall transparency, businesses and governments across the world are exploring this technology like never before.