Anveshan 2018, improving HR practices through an interactive two-day event
Anveshan 2018 is a National HR Business Symposium. The HR club of Goa Institute of Management, also called HRiday, will be organizing the event. It will be held on the 10th and the 11th of February at their college campus. The event is themed, ‘Embracing Disruption’, and will feature a whole bunch of events including workshops, keynote addresses to quizzes, case studies and simulations.
Here are some of the events and sessions in store this year:
- Samiksha is India’s largest live HR case study competition. The event will be giving their winners prizes worth Rs. 50,000. Samiksha is the flagship event of Anveshan and close to 200 teams usually make an appearance here.
- Gyaanodaya is a session about HR practices by an industry expert. This event then turns into a panel discussion where speakers share their business acumen, experiences and their learnings with their students.
- Margdarshan is an industry mentorship simulation program. The Anveshan team is working on the second iteration of the event this year. During the event, an HR professional, trains a team, through a simulation. This team would then compete against other student teams gone through the same process. The winning team will receive prizes worth Rs. 25000.
- Inquizitive is a national online HR quiz. The event usually sees participants from different B-schools all over the country. Winners receive prizes worth Rs 5,000 at the event.
- Along with these, there are a bunch of certified events and workshops that span out the duration of the event. Yukti (workshops) are carried out by industry experts and are enjoyed and attended by the audience in large numbers.
For this year’s instalment, the team is working toward making the event bigger than their previous years, their biggest instalment yet. The idea was only made possible thanks to the help and support they received from their sponsors.
Startup Goa is working with the Goa Institute of Management as their media partner, while ‘The Chocolate Room’ is handling their food partnership. Some of the other companies tied up with are Deccan Chemicals, their Samiksha Sponsor; TOPSIM by Tata Interactive Services, their Business simulation partner; along with Safexpress, their official Supply Chain partner. They also have a couple of deals running with Eastern Panorama,92.7 Big FM, Las Viegas Comedy Club, and Shri Balaji Industries.
Since Anveshan 2018 is a strictly HR event, they are working on improving student interactions within the HR industry. Schools across the country will be making an appearance at the event. Students from B – Schools such as IIMs, XLRI, XIMB, SIBM-Pune, SCMHRD, NMIMS-Mumbai and TISS will be seen at the event.